What is FUELD?
Data is the fuel of the future, providing the opportunity to solve business and consumer problems in ways we can’t yet imagine.
FUELD is Westpac Group's industry-first data accelerator, which aims to connect today’s businesses with tomorrow’s innovators to help solve problems and create opportunities.
The FUELD accelerator program will allow eight Australian startups or scaleups to harness a wide range of anonymised, tokenised data and be guided by world-class mentors to rapidly develop, test, and commercially launch new data-driven products that will drive Australia into the future.
FUELD will help data-focused startups and scaleups realise their potential by providing:
- Access to data via Data Republic, including free access to anonymised, tokenised Westpac Group data
- A 12-week mentorship program, led by Program Director Murray Hurps, the former CEO of Fishburners, and co-founder of Startup Muster, to support taking their concepts to the next level
- Participation as part of an elite cohort in Stone & Chalk Sydney’s collaborative office space
- Up to $100,000 in hosting from Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Investment of $50,000, through a SAFE note
- Networking opportunities with Westpac Group experts and customers.
FUELD is an initiative led by the Westpac Group, in partnership with data exchange leader Data Republic, Australia’s most experienced FinTech innovation hub Stone & Chalk, infrastructure giant AWS, and pioneering business mentors and VC investors ReInventure.